Tel: (770) 628-0199
Fax: (727) 362-4794
"Litigation and dispute resolution for business and individuals since 1970."

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player
Quick Contact
Name is required.
Telephone is required.
Email is required.
Comments are required.
  Internet Libel
  Personal Injury
  Wrongful Death
  Hearings Before Governmental Agencies
  Business Litigation
  Professional Negligence
  Tax Shelter Fraud and Negligence
  Civil Appeals, State and Federal
  Real Estate Litigation
  Civil RICO
  Military Law
  Federal Civil Litigation
  Social Security Disability

  • U.S. Supreme Court
  • U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
  • U.S. District Court for Northern District and Middle District of Georgia
  • U.S. Court of Military Appeals, now known as U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
  • Supreme Court of Georgia
  • Court of Appeals of Georgia
  • All Georgia Superior and State Courts

Military Law
This office has handled military law cases involving upgrade of enlisted discharges; adverse officer efficiency/fitness reports; removal from Officer promotion list; AR15-6 investigation; “stop loss” involuntary recalls and involuntary extensions of active duty; administrative separations; and improper denial of benefits under Servicemembers Group Life Insurance.

Mr. Eastwood served as Legal Officer onboard USS MIDWAY, and as Military Judge in Yokosuka, Japan.  The links below to YouTube show flight operations on the MIDWAY and a tour of Naval Base Yokosuka.

A Vietnam veteran who retired from Navy JAG as a Captain (O-6), Myles Eastwood has extensive and unique experience representing service members and understanding the military system as he effectively represents his clients to maximize their results.
Our Military Law services include, but are not limited to:
  • Discharge review appeals
  • Records corrections
  • Separation remedies
  • Judicial review
  • Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: If I need to have my discharge upgraded, can I go to Federal Court?
A: Not right away. First you need to apply for correction of military records before the Board for Correction of Military Records and apply to upgrade the discharge before the Discharge Review Board of your particular military service.

Q: What if the military improperly calculated my pay or time in service?
A: This would be a proper subject for the Board for Correction of Military Records. By submitting all the required paperwork to the BCMR, they only have to review the regulations and make the proper mathematical calculations. The board has the authority to direct the military service to correct the records both as to pay and time in service/time in grade issues.

Q: What if the Office of Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) will not pay the lump sum life insurance benefit for my spouse who died in action overseas?
A: Prudential Insurance Company administers SGLI benefits under contract with the Department of Veteran Affairs. If the beneficiary insists upon lump sum benefits, as would be normal with other life insurance policies, then Prudential is supposed to honor this request. Sometimes they contend a reservist does not qualify for SGLI benefits. You may need a lawyer to get them to do the right thing.

Q: May I retain civilian counsel for military justice or separation issues?
A: Yes. Both the UCMJ and the separation regulations of all the services allow civilian counsel in any proceeding where the servicemember may be separated from the service involuntarily. There are special rules, however, if security clearance issues are involved.

Q: How would the attorney fee be determined?
A: SGLI cases can be handled on (1) a contingency fee basis where a percentage is taken out of the money received through settlement or collection of the verdict, plus reimbursement of litigation expenses and costs or (2) a normal hourly rate, plus reimbursement of litigation expenses and costs. All other matters are either handled on a flat fee basis or an hourly rate basis with reimbursement of expenses and costs. This will be determined in consultation with the attorney in the office.


Contact us so that we may help you with your Military Law issues.

State Bar of Georgia The American Bar Association The United States Naval Institute Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce John's Creek Chamber of Commerce Eleventh Circuit Historical Society Sandy Springs/Perimeter Chamber of Commerce Sandy Springs Bar Association Georgia Trial Lawyers Association The Atlanta Bar Association The Cobb County Bar Association Federal Circuit Bar Association Kiwanis Club of Northside Atlanta United States Navy Association of the United States Navy The Buckhead Business Association Federal Bar Association